The Palace VR The Forbidden City : The Palace of Emperors
The magnificent and transcendent Forbidden City
Touring the historical palace, a dazzling culmination of Chinese traditional culture
This work uses virtual reality to recreate the Forbidden City at the height of the Qing dynasty. This tour explores the charm of the Forbidden City, an enduring culmination of Chinese traditional culture and the historic setting for the successive generations of emperors who lived there.
July 26, 2022 - Oct 16, 2022
Journey through Time and Space to Discover Cultures with VR
TNM & TOPPAN Museum Theater is a space to experience new ways of appreciating cultural assets with VR (virtual reality). You can feel as if you were actually traveling through a time in history with ultra-high definition 4K images, a large screen that projects cultural assets vividly, and a live session guided by a navigator. Please enjoy discovering new allure of cultural assets.
- open (12:00／13:00／14:00／15:00／16:00)
- open (11:00／12:00／13:00／14:00／15:00／16:00)
Wed, Thu, Fri
Sat, Sun, Holidays
* Running time : about 35 min.
* Screening times are subject to change.
* Admission starts 5 minutes prior to screening.
* You may not enter/exit mid-way through the program.
* Please purchace tickets ahead of screening time. (Tickets are sold on the day only.)
|High school students and above||600yen|
|Elementary school students and junior high school students||300yen|
Pre-school children / Persons with disability and one person accompanying them
* One-time fee per exhibit
Tokyo National Museum
Toyokan(Asian Gallery)-B1F :
13-9 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-8712, Japan
- (JR Line) 10 minutes from Ueno or Uguisudani Station
- (Ginza or Hibiya Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Ueno Station
- (Chiyoda Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Nezu Station
- (Keisei Line) 15 minutes from Keisei Ueno Station