DOGU : The Dawn of Japanese Beauty
Five clay figurines all designate as National Treasures displayed in one place.
A total of about 20,000 clay figurines have been discovered in Japan to date, yet only five of them have been designated as National Treasures.
All five of these figurines have been beautifully recreated through VR technology.
July 4, 2018 － September 30, 2018
Journey through Time and Space to Discover Cultures with VR
TNM & TOPPAN Museum Theater is a space to experience new ways of appreciating cultural assets with VR (virtual reality). You can feel as if you were actually traveling through a time in history with ultra-high definition 4K images, a large screen that projects cultural assets vividly, and a live session guided by a navigator. Please enjoy discovering new allure of cultural assets.
- open (12:00／13:00／14:00／15:00／16:00)
- open (11:00／12:00／13:00／14:00／15:00／16:00)
Wed, Thu, Fri
Sat, Sun, Holidays
* Running time : about 35 min.
* Admission starts 5 minutes prior to screening.
* You may not enter/exit mid-way through the program.
* Please purchase an admission ticket prior to screening (same day only).
|High school students and above||500yen|
|Elementary and junior high school students
July 4 - September 30, 2018
|Pre-school children / Persons with disability and one person accompanying them||FREE|
* Regular Exhibition Set Ticket : Adults 1,000yen / University students 800yen
* One-time fee per exhibit
Tokyo National Museum
Toyokan(Asian Gallery)-B1F :
13-9 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-8712, Japan
- (JR Line) 10 minutes from Ueno or Uguisudani Station
- (Ginza or Hibiya Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Ueno Station
- (Chiyoda Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Nezu Station
- (Keisei Line) 15 minutes from Keisei Ueno Station