Map of Japan created by Ino Tadataka
Shape of Japan that has been traced step by step
In the Edo period, Tadataka Ino surveyed Japan over a period of 17 years from the age of 56, and for the first time completed a map of Japan that had been made by taking actual measurements.
April 25, 2018 － July 1, 2018
Journey through Time and Space to Discover Cultures with VR
TNM & TOPPAN Museum Theater is a space to experience new ways of appreciating cultural assets with VR (virtual reality). You can feel as if you were actually traveling through a time in history with ultra-high definition 4K images, a large screen that projects cultural assets vividly, and a live session guided by a navigator. Please enjoy discovering new allure of cultural assets.
- open (12:00／13:00／14:00／15:00／16:00)
- open (11:00／12:00／13:00／14:00／15:00／16:00)
Wed, Thu, Fri
Sat, Sun, Holidays
* Running time : about 35 min.
* Admission starts 5 minutes prior to screening.
* You may not enter/exit mid-way through the program.
* Please purchase an admission ticket prior to screening (same day only).
|High school students and above||500yen|
|Elementary and junior high school students||300yen|
|Pre-school children / Persons with disability and one person accompanying them||FREE|
* Regular Exhibition Set Ticket : Adults 1,000yen / University students 800yen
* One-time fee per exhibit
Tokyo National Museum
Toyokan(Asian Gallery)-B1F :
13-9 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-8712, Japan
- (JR Line) 10 minutes from Ueno or Uguisudani Station
- (Ginza or Hibiya Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Ueno Station
- (Chiyoda Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Nezu Station
- (Keisei Line) 15 minutes from Keisei Ueno Station