Pine Trees :Tōhaku’s Masterpiece in Ink
Tōhaku’s ink painting Pine Trees is an enchanting masterpiece that remains shrouded in mystery.
This virtual reality experience takes you back to the late 16th century to uncover hints about the composition of Pine Trees, tracing the achievements of Tōhaku during his life as an artist.
October 7, 2020 – January 17, 2021
Journey through Time and Space to Discover Cultures with VR
TNM & TOPPAN Museum Theater is a space to experience new ways of appreciating cultural assets with VR (virtual reality). You can feel as if you were actually traveling through a time in history with ultra-high definition 4K images, a large screen that projects cultural assets vividly, and a live session guided by a navigator. Please enjoy discovering new allure of cultural assets.
- open (11:00／12:00／13:30／15:00／16:00)
* Running time : about 35 min.
* All visitors must make an online reservation to the museum.
* Screening times are subject to change.
* Admission starts 5 minutes prior to screening.
* You may not enter/exit mid-way through the program.
* Please purchace tickets ahead of screening time. (Tickets are sold on the day only.)
|High school students and above||600yen|
|Elementary and junior high school students||300yen|
|Pre-school children / Persons with disability and one person accompanying them||FREE|
* One-time fee per exhibit
Tokyo National Museum
Toyokan(Asian Gallery)-B1F :
13-9 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-8712, Japan
- (JR Line) 10 minutes from Ueno or Uguisudani Station
- (Ginza or Hibiya Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Ueno Station
- (Chiyoda Tokyo Metro Line) 15 minutes from Nezu Station
- (Keisei Line) 15 minutes from Keisei Ueno Station